Will County commercial and industrial property owners interested in starting the C-PACE application process can visit the IECA’s Getting Started page.
Below is a general overview of the process.
Step 1: Confirm Eligibility
- Ensure you have an eligible property.
- Create a login on the IECA’s online portal, then fill out and submit a pre-application here.
Step 2: Develop Energy Project
- Select a qualified and approved Energy Project Professional, who will evaluate the project and prepare an Energy Assessment or Resiliency Improvement Analysis.
- Select a qualified Contractor here. Alternatively, have your preferred Contractor sign up to become an IECA-registered C-PACE Contractor here.
- Select improvement measures to be included in your C-PACE project.
Step 3: Secure Financing
- Request financing quotes from one or more Capital Providers and select a Capital Provider to finance the project here. Alternatively, have your preferred Capital Provider contact CapitalProvider@IECAPace.org for information about registering as a C-PACE Capital Provider.
- With selected Capital Provider, contact all lenders with existing mortgage liens against the property to request acknowledgement of the Mortgage Lender Consent requirement for C-PACE financing.
Step 4: IECA Approval
- Complete and submit a final application and required documents on the IECA’s online portal here.
- Obtain final C-PACE project approval from the IECA, or address any application deficiencies.
Step 5: Close Financing
- Enter into an Assessment Contract with your selected Capital Provider.
- Enter into a Supplemental Agreement with the County of Will.
Step 6: Install Energy Project
- Have selected Contractor install financed C-PACE projects.
Step 7: Repay
- As detailed on your Assessment Contract, repay C-PACE financing semi-annually on your property tax bill. Enjoy the benefits of the implemented C-PACE project.
For even more details about the C-PACE process, please see the Will County C-PACE Program Report document in the “Other Resources” subpage.