This license is based on version 1.0 of the Open Geo-Spatial Data License – Will County, which was developed through the county ICT/GIS Division under consultation from the Will County State Attorney’s office.
Using Information under this license
· Use of any Information indicates your acceptance of the terms below.
· The Information Provider grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use the Information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below.
You are free to:
· Copy, modify, publish, translate, adapt, distribute or otherwise use the Information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose. You must, where you do any of the above:
· Acknowledge the source of the Information by including any attribution statement specified by the Information Provider(s) and, where possible, provide a link to this license. If the Information Provider does not provide a specific attribution statement, or if you are using Information from several Information Providers and multiple attributions are not practical for your product or application, you must use the following attribution statement:
Contains information licensed under the Open Geo-Spatial Data License – Will County.
· The terms of this license are important, and if you fail to comply with any of them, the rights granted to you under this license, or any similar license granted by the Information Provider, will end automatically.
· This license does not grant you any right to use:
- Personal Information;
- Information or Records not accessible under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, 5 ILCS 140/ et seq;
- Third party rights the Information Provider is not authorized to license;
- The names, crests, logos, or other official symbols of the Information Provider; and
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks, and official marks.
· This license does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Information Provider endorses you or your use of the Information.
· The Information is licensed “as is”, and the Information Provider excludes all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
· The Information Provider is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information, and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with this license or the Information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
· This license is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois and the applicable federal United States laws.
· Legal proceedings related to this license may be brought against the Information Provider only in the Twelfth Judicial Circuit Court of Illinois.
· In this license, the terms below have the following meanings:
Means information resources or Records protected by copyright or other information resources or Records that are offered for use under the terms of this license.
Means the County of Will
Means information that is highly personal which a reasonable person would object to being disclosed.
Has the same definition as “public records” as defined by the Freedom of Information Act, 5 ILCS 140/2(c).
Means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this license.
· This is version 1.0 of the Open Geo-Spatial Data License – The County of Will, Illinois. The Information Provider may make changes to the terms of this license from time to time and issue a new version of the license. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the license in force as of the data you accessed the Information.
Updated December 26, 2017